Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grandparent Time

We are very fortunate and live close to both my mother and Bryan's parents, so my kids have lots of opportunities to be with their grandparents. I thought I would take just a minute to share some of my favorite grandparent moments.
  • We got tickets to the BYU Ballroom team performance, so Bryan's mom took Liah. Liah got all dressed up, and was SO excited to be big enough to go to something so grown up with Grandma all by herself. They both loved the dancing...Liah can still be caught practicing her irish step dancing in the privacy of her bedroom :)
  • My mom took Zerin on a special overnight trip to visit my brother. They stayed in a hotel, ate at McDonald's and went and saw a movie on the way home. Zerin thought he was the coolest kid ever!
  • Bryan's dad is a master at involving the kids in whatever he is doing. Yesterday, he had this huge bucket of pencils and pens. Next thing I know, all three of my kids were huddled around him with their little papers testing the pens...having contests to see whose pens worked. Genius!
  • My grandmother is a master homemaker. When I would visit her house, I would just cross my fingers that she would involve me in some project or meal preparation. I always felt so special to know that she would share her "trade secrets" with me.
  • I recently went to a funeral of a woman who had lived a beautiful life. Something that stuck out to me from the different talks was that each of her children and grandchildren felt like they were her favorites. It wasn't something that was spoken, but rather something that she showed in the big moments and the little moments. They each felt it...awesome.
  • One grandma I know of invites all of the kids old enough to spend the night over to her house for a monthly sleepover. They watch movies, eat treats, play games, etc. So cute!!!
  • My other grandmother always wrote me letters. I was not as good at writing her, but her letters arrived like clockwork. Sometimes the weather was all she wrote about, but I have kept them all (seriously...since I was little). They are precious to me.

No comments: