Friday, September 19, 2008

The Most Awesome Scripture Study Book Ever!


So, I love this book so much, I'm actually posting about it on both my blogs. It is called Adventures with the Word of God: Making Scripture Study Exciting for the Entire Family by Rebecca Irvine. This book is so awesome, seriously! I read it today while I was waiting for my van to be fixed, and I cannot wait to start using it for our family scripture study. It's a study guide of sorts for family scripture study. Except instead of reading a book cover to cover, you have a different theme each month (ie. Family Proclamation, Missionary Work, Charity, Testimonies, etc.). But she splits each theme up to have a scripture a day to discuss and talk about...I love that because my kids are still pretty young so actually reading from the scriptures tends to lose everyone but Zerin...and even him sometimes, so this is just awesome. The ideas are so cute and fun and seem simple and managable to implement. It takes some preparation...but I should be preparing for scripture study anyway, so why not throw a little cutting and coloring in for good measure, ey?! I am not doing it justice, so go check it out from the library. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: